Thursday, June 3, 2010

Taking care of me : )

Well I'm home from a fabulous long weekend with my love so it's time to get back into the swing of things. My tears have dried, I made up for the lack of sleep, and I have drugs for the UTI I came home with, boo.

I plan on using this blog to keep myself accountable as I try to lose a few more pounds and fit comfortably back into the clothes I was wearing a year ago! A bigger goal for me too is just trying to be as healthy as possible. When I'm eating well and exercising regularly, I just feel so much better! That is a big motivation for me.

Today I just plan on eating a healthy dinner (turkey and veggies) and continuing to drink plenty of water given my bladder issues. Hopefully I'm feeling 100% by the weekend so I can plan good meals and some fun ways to get moving! 

I bought this nifty gadget recently and I have to share in case any of you girls are trying to up your water intake too! I have filled it with oranges and lemons so far. It's delicious and makes drinking water so much more fun! http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.K23210.desc.Acrylic-80-oz-Pitcher-with-Fruit-Infuser

I love that we are all in this together : )

2 thoughts:

ashley said...

Ugh at UTI's. I used to get them about every three months. It's been awhile now though so I've been lucky! I hope it passes quickly! Like you mentioned, drink lots of fluids! Apparently natural cranberry juice helps too! Actually, one time I had one and I took cranberry pills and vitamin C like a crazy person so I wouldn't have to take antibiotics. Well, it was getting really uncomfortable after a week of trying so I went to the clinic. The test didn't even show a bladder infection but I knew it was there since I get them so frequently. I was happy to see the natural remedies were working to some degree though!

I'm going to have to look for one of those pitchers! Great idea.

June 3, 2010 at 3:10 PM
Abby said...

Loving the pitcher. I am definitely interested. I am not sure how I feel about flavored water, but for $20 I would definitely try!

June 3, 2010 at 3:12 PM

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your thoughts, but please be nice!